Build your own Garage Doors.

My GREAT Husband and I bought a new home as income property. It never had Garage doors. After scouring the internet. I found was an idea center, with Pinterest, but no one showed doors that I wanted or Step by Step photos ( I get it better when I see photos) with instructions.
So after recruiting my Husband with my ideas, drawings, and picture inspirations.... I went to Homedepot with him. I bought two 4x8 sheets of plywood. I knew I didn't want to stain and poly them, I wanted them painted white. I got two sheets that I thought looked good and I had left over cedar fence boards that I would use to sturdy the door and kind of use as trim. I bought hinges (come with large screws) glad that I used the fence boards because the thickness was perfect for the screw length.  My Husband found a perfect lock. I had to paint it oil rubbed bronze ( that's how I roll ).

 
Boards sitting in the Garage.                         Boards screwed together and hinge setting in place.
Painted and up. Lock.                                           Installed but not with lock on yet.



Close up of lock ( got to paint the screws)

Comments

Popular Posts